Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 29 - The Karate Kid

I'm a big fan of the original Karate Kid with Daniel-san and Mr. Miyagi. I was ready to hate this remake. But, I loved it! Little Jaden Smith can act. If you saw the Pursuit of Happiness, you know the boy can act. He's definitely Will Smith's kid - he even walks like him! So, it may be my ignorance, but I don't recall another movie that has shown as much kid-on-kid violence as this movie. Even Daniel-san's beat down was only maybe 20 seconds, at best. I mean, if I was Jada Pinkett Smith, I would not come to the set for those beat down scenes. I know it's Hollywood and all the punches/kicks are fake. But, it hurts to watch just the same. Jackie Chan is so freakin strong and quick. I think he's 50 something too. Freak of nature! Rating - Instead of a Jersey boy moving to Cali, it's a Detroit boy moving to China. The remake is not better than the original, but it's definitely entertaining thanks to Little Smith.



2 comments:

  1. How were the special features, more specifically, how was the one where they showed Jackie Chan fight? I want to see that... In reality, kid-on-kid violence is most likely more than what they actually showed. There were no kicks-in-the-nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No time to view the Special Features. :(

    ReplyDelete