Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 30 - Just Wright

I'm not going to lie. I've been waiting for this film to appear in Redbox for the last couple weeks. In case you don't know, I'm a big Common fan. If you own Resurrection, than you know he's a poet with a socially conscious heart. I'm a sucker for those kind of dudes. And, have you seen Common's body lately? I mean, damn! To be honest, though, his acting skills are less than amazing. Claire Huxtable (a.k.a Phylicia Rashad) made his job easier since she can act with anyone and make the scene look interesting. Queen Latifah was pretty good as the physical therapist girl-next-door turned B-ball wife. She played the same sort of character in Brown Sugar, except she was the lead in this one. The gold digging best friend played by the Deja Vu girl who's married to Mr. Seaver's real-life son, whose name I can't remember right now, was extremely annoying and thankfully stepped aside so Queen Cinderella could have her anything but Common Prince. That kinda sounds incestuous, but you know what I mean. Rating - Redbox worthy. And, where is Quintin Tarantino? Somebody better tell him Pam Grier is back making movies. I want to see him write a character for her that's as good as Jackie Brown.

1 comment:

  1. Surprisingly entertaining movie and they did their best with the multiple dunking shots when in reality, Common probably couldn't even touch the ring. Maybe they had a picnic table under him or something :) Good call on the Deja Vu girl, that's where she's from.

    ReplyDelete