Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fresh

A friend recommended I watch this film after reading my comment about Jackie Brown in a previous posting. I started watching it last night and I realized I'd seen it before, but couldn't remember where - probably on TV sometime ago. Some of the scenes are hard to watch. They're just so raw and frankly depressing. I found it very interesting that the same director made Remembering the Titans - a very uplifting movie in comparison. It's nice to see a director explore the far ends of the emotional spectrum. Shout out to the child actor who played the lead role, the Dominican nurse from Scrubs, the guy who played the Senator in Last Holiday with Queen Latifah, and Mr. Jackson who plays the same role in every movie and yet nails it everytime. Rating - rent it, stream it, or try your luck and wait for it to come on TV one Saturday afternoon. Either way, watch it and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't it so much better than Jackie Brown? That kid fooled everyone just like Jackie Brown but his plan was a lot more complex. I'm glad you saw it after my recommendation. Now I have a new suggestion for you: Please Vote For Me. Best documentary I've seen this year! Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was better in the sense that it was more raw. But, I still like Jackie Brown - particularly the way it was shot. Thanks for the doc recommendation! I'll watch it and give my review!

    ReplyDelete