Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Robin Hood

I'm a connoisseur of Robin Hood films. I remember seeing the Disney version as a little kid and loving the hell out of it. "Robin Hood and Little John running through the forest, oodalolly oodalolly golly what a day." You know you love it, too! Prince of Thieves came into my life next followed by Men in Tights. Then I sunk into the classics and caught the Errol Flynn and Sean Connery versions on TV. All of them have their good points, including this version with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett. Ridley Scott's grittiness is all over this film. It's not as romantic as the others, but that wasn't Mr. Scott's focus. He wanted to re-create the magic he found making Gladiator. He didn't quite replicate the magic, but it was still a visually entertaining film to watch. Rating - Probably better to see on a plane. Second option would be redbox. TV is a distant third.

1 comment:

  1. I liked Ridley Scott's concept for the film, but I thought it was too long.

    ReplyDelete