Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Boondock Saints

I never saw this movie before. It's shocking, I know. Apologies to all my Irish family and friends for my tardiness. William Dafoe is amazing in this film. He always used to spook me with that skeleton face and those menacing eyes. But, his performance in this film made me see him in a different light. That man can act! The brothers are wonderful together, too. They make vigiliantism look like gun-toting fun, which is my only philosophical problem with the film. Artistically, I loved how the story was told and shown. But, I didn't like how killing became OK in the eyes of the cops and public as long as the evil folks were the ones getting killed. The whole thing reminded me of Reservoir Dogs, but with a more comedic bent. My only question is: Where did Sean Patrick Flanery go after making this? Off the face of the earth?? Rating - I probably won't watch it every St. Paddy's day like a good Irish girl, but I'd see it again for sure. And, so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment