Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 18 - Letters to Juliet

I redboxed this chick flick after seeing countless trailers in the very beginning of my movie-a-day journey. I recognized the lead actress from Mean Girls and the first season of Veronica Mars, so thought it should be good. Alas, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. It was tolerable. There was something missing...either the script was flat or the actors weren't bringing the script to life. Gael Garcia Bernal was the most annoying character on the screen. I felt like I was watching Balki from Perfect Strangers. Luckily, the film is set in Italy and Vanessa Redgrave gives the film much needed class - two important aspects of the movie that kept me from turning it off. Rating - Mid-week chick flick that is better viewed on an airline.

2 comments: