Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 7 - Brooklyn's Finest

Redbox has the finest selections. Punny funny ;). So, this film hooked me from the very beginning. The acting and the shot selections are on point. The director, Antoine Fuqua, brought the rawness of Training Day and tied it with the beauty of Brooklyn's riverscapes and subway architecture. Ethan Hawke steals every scene he's in cause you never know who he's going to shoot next. And, it's good to see Wesley Snipes working again. Well done Mr. Fuqua. Rating - good middle of the week film. Pair it with a beer and some chips n salsa.

2 comments:

  1. A movie worth watching for fans of The Wire and HBO-esque dramas. But still, fuck cops. Bunch of high school jocks who can't get through college (or into college) doing worthless jobs. Cops do more harm than good (more corruption than protection). I would like to start a blog called "timskillacopaday." Save the women and the children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was a fan of the Wire. If only someone would have lent me the first season for an entire year giving me every opportunity to watch it at my leisure...still too soon to joke?

    P.S. The women and children are all saved. I'm now building the foundation for democracy!

    ReplyDelete