Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 8 - Monsieur Ibrahim (Monsieur Ibrahim et les fleurs du Coran)

Everything about this film is beautiful. It's been sitting on my shelf for years, just waiting for me to watch it. Shameful to say, but true. Really glad I popped it in my DVD player today. The cinematography is unbelievable. A dazzling display of Parisian streetlife and the Turkish countryside. The director did a great job of telling this coming of age story without letting it get too cliche-y. It's 2hrs filled of life lessons about religion, sex, and family which leaves you feeling like you are much wiser than 2hrs earlier. Shaping the film with kick-ass 60s and 70s music definitely enhanced the beauty of the scenes. I especially like the last song by Timmy Thomas, "Why Can't We Live Together," over the closing credits. Rating - Do yourself a huge favor and watch this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment